Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Already a significant Difference from Yesterday

  Slowly but surely, I am getting more excited than nervous. The icing seems to really be helping, along with stretches and squats, and the Ibuprofen might be doing some good as well. This Sunday is the Evansville Half Marathon, next month is the Indianapolis Monumental Half on November 3 which is my birthday so I am getting even more excited. Hopefully being my birthday might give me more adrenaline, or just keep me excited during the race. I am sure it is going to be cold, I've got no problem with cold but Cameron does and he might freak out for Dorian but I've already purchased a warm suit for him (hopefully he'll still fit by next month, he's getting tall/long man!).
  Honestly, if all goes well with both these races, I could get used to running 2 Half Marathon races in the Fall and a couple in Spring, although I am still trying to find the second one next year. I've already found one in April which is the Southern Indiana Classic Half, though that one has been horribly humid these last 2 years, they've had to cancel the Full Marathon because of it. Indiana does not yet have a lot of Half Marathon races and I don't know how far Cameron is willing to drive for my races. 2013 isn't showing a lot of races yet, though I did receive my 2013 Runner's World calendar, I will have to check it out and see if they have 2013 races yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment