Sunday, October 14, 2012

Still Feeling it a Week Later

  Right now the pain and soreness in my legs comes and goes,  sometimes the bottom side of my left foot will hurt like a nerve is being pinched, but I will get that sometimes anyways.... not sure why though. Other than that my left leg is okay whereas in the beginning of this last week it was really hurting, my right leg will hurt occasionally, around the groin area and the outside of both my hip and butt cheek. Yesterday's 1.6 mile walk sucked, my foot hurt like I described, and my right quad and groin hurt like a b**ch, it was aggravating. After the 1.6 miles, I threw my rollerblades on and took Dorian for a much faster paced stroll for 2 miles. He was a little frightened at first, so I couldn't go faster than 7-8 minutes per mile but it felt good to be on my blades and it was great to go 2 miles in 17 minutes even though I was on wheels (would have been faster but.....).
  I purchased another pair of new shoes, so I won't be running in the 2 pair of shoes I was running in when I injured myself, and I am excited to try them out. I now have the Brooks Adrenaline GTs, the Brooks Ravenna (my race shoes) and now the Brooks Ghost 5 and they feel amazing! So much cushion and just comfortable, I went on the Brooks Running website and did their little test and that was the first choice. Oh I hope I can try and run 1-3 miles Tuesday or Wednesday, but on the days I can't, I will either ride my bike or "strollerblade" with Dorian.
  Hopefully my injuries will go away soon, I really don't want to fall behind another winter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment