Sunday, June 8, 2014

  Temperature was 70 degrees, humidity at 84% and dew point at 65 with 15 mph WSW winds. I was up just before 4 AM, got ready, had some coffee and went to the bathroom then I was out the door. Things were going well, although my stomach was empty and I was worried I was going to bonk at some point due to hunger but after 4 miles or so the hunger pains went away. Everything was going pretty good and the strong wind wasn't bad either, and it definitely helped me deal with the humidity.
  The first two miles were around the pace I wanted, but after that things got faster and it wasn't anything I could do about it. Around mile 8, things got suddenly tricky and tough. I think I was beginning to feel heartburn, the area around my heart suddenly felt heavier and uncomfortable when running. It would go away after stopping, but immediately start up again when I would begin running again. It was difficult, and from mile 8 and to finish I had to stoop every half mile or so due to the discomfort in my chest.
  I ran 11.3 miles in 1:49:35 with an average pace of 9:42 min/mile BUT elapsed time was 2:14:21, so I stopped the garmin for a total of 25 minutes. Elevation gain of 176 feet and a loss of 180 feet, other than the elapsed time and the discomfort.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:08
Mile 2 - 10:50
Mile 3 - 10:24
Mile 4 - 10:00
Mile 5 - 9:56
Mile 6 - 9:47
Mile 7 - 9:17
Mile 8 - 9:00
Mile 9 - 8:58
Mile 10 - 9:06
Mile 11 - 8:39
.3        - 8:18

   I took a really cold bath again, or at least soaked my legs in it for 15  minutes. I am feeling pretty good so that is good, and other than the heartburn or whatever, I am just glad I wasn't feeling any pain during the run. Tomorrow is a rest day, and I am going to stick to the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment