Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I am Slacking on My Blog - The Last 4 Days

   Okay, so I have been slacking. I didn't run Saturday after the Friday night race, I felt it would be smart to have a rest day after that race. BUT, I didn't shower before bed (to exhausted after getting home around 11:30 PM) and got no sleep due to the aggravating clamminess feel on my skin, and I needed a new pillow (mine is too flat now). No biggie because I wasn't running Saturday morning, I did help DH with landscaping that afternoon which left me feeling like I had done a whole leg strengthening workout... not cool. Saturday night............ I could not get rid of this headache, and my sucky pillow made it worse and I think Dorian would wake me up occasionally when I did manage to fall asleep due to gas.
   Sunday morning, I was wore out and sore and just exhausted. I really wanted 12 miles but my body just didn't have the energy for it, so Rocky and I finished the week up with 6 and I tried to be pleased as I should be glad I was able to get that much in but I am hoping this Sunday will be better. We ran 6 miles in 1:07:42 with an average pace of 11:16 min/mile, yeah it was sucky - oh and it was on the trails. We stopped a lot, the elapsed time was 1:22:40 so we stopped for a total of..... 15 minutes, wow... Temperature was 61 degrees, 77% humidity and 0 winds.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:59
Mile 2 - 11:04
Mile 3 - 11:05
Mile 4 - 11:21
Mile 5 - 11:31
Mile 6 - 10:40

   Monday was a rest day or no run day while I did push ups and other ab workouts. Tuesday Dorian and I ran with Jumpstart in the afternoon/evening, there were no clouds and it was 90 degrees with a feels like 95, 52% humidity and 16 mph SW winds.... fun fun when you're running with a stroller :P
   Even with that, I ran 2.5 miles in 24:42 with an average pace of 9:53 min/mile.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:03
Mile 2 - 9:47
.5       - 9:48
  DH and I then took Dorian to the Lloyd pool afterwards and went swimming, Dorian was out like a light before we made it home at 8:30 PM so I put him in his bed. I didn't get to bed until like 10:30 PM but wasn't able to fall asleep until after midnight, then Dorian woke up and wanted in bed with us but around 3:00 AM he was awake and "talking" until 4:30 AM and I seriously thought I was not going to get to run.
   I was tired, but I got up at 4:55 AM and got ready. I honestly didn't know what to expect at this point, I was really hoping for 7 miles but was willing to settle with 3 or 4 if I had to. It was 75 degrees, 83% humidity and 5 mph SSW winds. I was feeling pretty good after mile 1, or as good as one can with no sleep. The final .2 of the run had a 3 minute stop as I suddenly felt a wave of dizziness, I knew I was dehydrated but dang it. 
   Anyways, I ran 7.1 miles in 1:09:02 with an average pace of 9:43 min/mile. Not bad really, I was expecting worse or less than that. Elapsed time was 1:16:14, around 3.3 miles I had to stand at a busy street for about 4 minutes or so before crossing and again at 5.3 miles for 2 or 3 minutes.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:47
Mile 2 - 10:13
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 9:24
Mile 5 - 9:25
Mile 6 - 9:15
Mile 7 - 9:07
.1      - 8:06

    We've got a 2 mile run with Jumpstart tomorrow afternoon and then hopefully 5 or 6 miles Friday morning.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment