Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sore, Humid but not Awful

  I have to admit I was a little nervous going out this morning, the first 2 miles sucked a bunch. My knee was hurting but it did have a dull ache, and my ankle or the lower part of my calf was feeling really tight and painful. To top that off, it was 72 degrees, 100% humidity and dew point around 70 so it was freaking awful........... and no wind.
  I left Rocky home this time, I knew he would die if I took him out on this run. For the first 2 I stopped every 1/4 of a mile to breath and take a moment, then I would stop every half mile to .75 miles during the other 2 miles and then I pushed it to the last mile.
  I was glistening with sweat, just drenched in it. I was so shiny under the street lights lol. Things were going good when I looked at my garmin at 3.25 and then suddenly I hear barking a stupid terrier yorkie thing running towards me, stopping short of the edge of his yard. Instinctively I sprayed the pepper spray but my hand was just near my hip, and I couldn't sworn I inhaled some of the crap.... I hadn't even stopped the garmin, but didn't notice so when I started running again I stopped it. I ran probably .15 before realizing my annoying mistake and started it back up again and ran back about .05 - .10 to make sure I got most of it. I was really aggravated dang it!
  The garmin says 5 miles in 51:13 but I assume 5.1 miles and put an extra minute on there so I say I ran 5.1 miles in 52:13 with an average pace of 10:13 min/mile or something like that.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:46
Mile 2 - 10:35
Mile 3 - 10:08
Mile 4 - 9:57
Mile 5 - 9:44
   
   I really, really wanted to go slower but it felt better on my legs when I was under a 10:30 min/mile pace so I just went with how my legs felt but made sure I didn't go too fast.
  After getting back to the house, I started a bath of cold water, I am not ready for an ice bath. I then drank some coffee, made me a protein shake and logged my run. Then I inched into the tub to let my legs soak and man was it freaking cold! But I think it did me some good, and I will probably have another one tonight.
  My plan is to take it relatively easy these next 2 weeks, log 25-27 miles this week, then around 30 miles next week. I'm just going to take it easy before my marathon training begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment