Thursday, November 1, 2012

Twenty-Eight Degrees and I Ran

  I am buying a pair of ear muffs, good, light but warm pair of socks and tights dang it! I wonder if they sell florescent colored thermal long sleeved shirts, since I have been running early morning before light and enjoy it. Right now I am eye-balling some Under Armour stuff:
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens-ua-extreme-coldgear-base-legging/pid1230909

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13233833&lmdn=Brand&cp=4406646.4413874.4413879.12181219
  I like the second one because the pink looks to be a bit florescent which would help tremendously.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13242964&cp=4406646.4413874.4413879.12181219

  I am still looking for ear muffs and possibly a different pair of gloves that will be warmer. I'll probably go to Dick's Sporting Goods this weekend and take a look while hoping they have at least the last two there, otherwise I will just buy them offline. Anyways, to the run this morning, at 6:20 a.m., it was still really freaking cold, but not as awful as on the bike. It was 28 degrees, while feeling like 10 degrees colder than that. The grass was frosted over, but I love running or doing anything outside while watching the sun come up. It just isn't the same at night when the sun is going down, I don't know how to explain it but maybe because the "world" is waking up from silence and peace whereas at night everything is still "go-go-go" even as the sun goes down. It isn't until around 10:30 or midnight that everything starts to quiet down for the night.

  I ran 3.2 miles this time, with a time of 37:13 mainly because I kept the first mile or so easy and slow, I didn't want my muscles to tighten up since I didn't really warm them up or anything. And during mile 2 I kind of lost track of my pace and went to la la land ha! I am pretty confident I could have kept the 9:48 pace for at least half a mile, MAYBE close to a mile but I don't want to mess with it in these freezing temperatures and while my leg is still recovering.
Mile 1 - 11:47
Mile 2 - 12:19
Mile 3 - 11:12
.2 miles - 9:48

No comments:

Post a Comment