Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Hilly Long Run

  This morning I added some hills, with a total elevation of 85 feet and loss of 90 feet (yeah I know, not much) and I focused on keeping it slow and easy. The hills definitely helped, and the warm temperature of 58 degrees and sunny so it felt like 65. Even though I had to slow myself down, I feel great about the run, especially with the amount of hills (6-8 total). My time was exactly 42:00 and pace was 10:28 min/mi, my splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:42
Mile 2 - 10:27
Mile 3 - 10:54
Mile 4 - 9:49
   I am glad I got to run today instead of tomorrow, now I will be able to run Monday, Wednesday and Friday rather than just Tuesday and Thursday. I can't let myself forget to stretch throughout today and do some squats and lunges. I told Cameron my plan of training for the Indy Monumental Marathon next November, it is going to be on November 2, 2013 the day before my 26th birthday so I figure it will be a great celebration and at a pretty well known race rather than the only marathon here in Evansville which is in April and has been canceled twice now due to humidity and heat. He's okay with it, but being non-runner he doesn't quite feel my excitement which I am not too worried about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment