Friday, August 31, 2012

Some Runs are Just Strange.... in Good Ways

  Last night Shauna and I did our 5 miles, I think we're only going to run 6 miles on Tuesday nights and 5 miles on Thursday nights with our long runs between 7-10 miles. It was about 85 degrees last night when we ran, and extremely humid but strangely our average pace was 10:36 a mile. We pretty much kept under an 11 minute pace the whole run and I am extremely pleased with it. Our splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:00
Mile 2 - 10:47
Mile 3 - 10:48
Mile 4 - 10:43
Mile 5 - 9:44
   One would think that during extremely humid runs, the pace would be slower or more easy going but strangely we felt great at our pace and I honestly think I could have kept it up for 3 or 4 more miles...... at least I felt like that at 5 miles. I guess it was just one of those good runs, irrelevant of the weather.
   This weekend is our 9 miles, and it is going to be extremely humid even though it will be under 85 degrees but between 75-100% humidity which is going to be murderous. I am honestly a little concerned, it's also going to be storming and raining which might make it slightly more tolerable..... I am probably going to wear my shorts and heck, just a sports bra...... I guess we'll just have to see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment