Saturday, August 4, 2012

YMCA 5k Race Results

   So I did better than I thought, I was expecting around a 11:30 minute pace but we averaged a 10:13 pace. The first mile or 2 was very close to 10 minutes but around the 3rd mile I started feeling the urge to puke and my head was very hot. I am happy that I did better than I expected, and Shauna stuck with me the whole time which was awesome but I wonder if she could have done a lot better had she gone on without me. I am a little worried for Shauna, she hasn't been able to run much these last couple of weeks and she hasn't reached 4 miles. We haven't exactly been able to run together, so I can't supervise her mileage, next Saturday's long run is 6 miles so maybe I will try and see about us running together. The Half Marathon isn't very far away, she needs to start increasing her mileage.
    I am very satisfied with the race, the rest of today is going to be relaxing except when I go and visit Grandma Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment