Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Running with Stomach Issues

    Shauna wasn't able to run tonight, she was still feeling sore from Sunday night's long run. Around 4 p.m I began to have huge stomach issues and wasn't sure if I was going to be able to run.  My mom got to the house around 6:20 p.m, and I went ahead and tried for 5 miles. My bowels didn't act up a whole lot, thank god but I definitely felt weak and lacking energy. I noticed that I did run a bit faster in the beginning and throughout, my stupid garmin isn't syncing with the ANT agent right now so I am going to try and read off of my watch what my splits were.
   Mile 1 - 11:35 / Mile 2 -10:52 / Mile 3 -11:13 / Mile 4 -10:53 / Mile 5 -10:35

   So it wasn't too bad really, either my body isn't adapting to the extra weight or I am feeling the difference as I slowly begin to lose weight. I have noticed a huge difference/improvement in just the last couple of months since beginning my training, after 2.75 miles I had realized that in order to keep going I had to slow down and stop trying to reach my pre-pregnancy pace, once I did that things got a bit easier. Now with my 2 weekly runs at 5 miles each I've gone from averaging 12-14 minutes per mile back to 10:30-12:00 minutes per mile, so I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for now. I've gotten back to stretching after my runs, as I've noticed my knees and hams trying to tighten up after 4-5 miles so hopefully the stretches will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment