Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Last Night's Run with Shauna

  Shauna and I got to run together last night, we did our 4 miles around 44 minutes so not bad at all. It was better than I expected, for some reason I run better with Shauna as long as we run alone and not with a group; for some reason she feels the need to compete with others and run faster which isn't bad for her as she used to run at around an 8 minute pace before having kids and pausing her running career.... but for me right now anything under 10 minutes is a bit much though I do feel that I am getting better and my old pace is within reach.
  Hopefully Shauna and I can run together tomorrow night, this weekend we have got to do 6 miles for our long run. Shauna has been missing out on runs in the last 2 weeks or so, I really hope this doesn't injure her. This isn't her first 6 miles, it has just been quite a few years since she was running anything more than a mile (when she got the chance). She is going about 2-3 minutes slower, if that'll help her any. I guess all we can do is take it slow and steady, keeping our eyes on the prize (the Half Marathon).
  I am tempted to think about a Marathon next year, or at least within 2 years but I've heard the training can be a bit time consuming so I am not sure if I can. I do know that I enjoy Half Marathons, and I want to do more trail races or races like the Spartan Race that is coming here next April.

   Splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:48
Mile 2 - 11:21
Mile 3 - 11:45
Mile 4 - 11:17
Mile 5 - 11:30
Mile 6 - 10:24

No comments:

Post a Comment