Friday, August 10, 2012

A Good Run Last Night

  Shauna and I started off slower than Tuesday, her shorts were falling down and my legs were a bit stiff. The temperature was amazing though, compared to the day before, 85 degrees was like 60 degrees with a good breeze. We ran our 4 miles with the last mile being a 10:23 pace, our splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:58 pace / Mile 2 - 11:55 pace / Mile 3 - 11:25 pace / Mile 4 - 10:23 pace. So I am happy to say that we did a negative split and it felt good, this weekend I would be comfortable at an 11:25-11:55 pace during the first half of the 6 mile long run, then picking up the pace as I feel comfortable.
  Shauna and I might not be able to run together this weekend, I just hope she is able to get out there and run her 6 miles. This weekend is supposed to be great weather, so I might try and get my run in the morning. This morning was 70 degrees and I can't begin to describe how excited I was to feel it. I hope this might be a sign that there is a break in the heat, but I am not going to get my hopes up. Looking at the forecast, it's saying that next week will stay pretty much in the 80's, maybe touching the low 90's so we will have to see. I really hope so, my sanity really needs it because I don't know how much more of this 95+ weather I can take.

  Oh.... and I finally started my "you know what", I was feeling bloaty the last two days but since I hadn't had one in a year I totally forgot what my body did felt like before it happens..... I don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment