Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Humid 3 Miles this Morning

  If only every morning could be like this morning (except a little cooler), and every night could be like last night. Dorian allowed me to go to bed just before 10 p.m and this morning I got up at 5 a.m and prepared myself for what was supposed to be a 2.75 mile run but ended up running 3 miles by accident (I was secretly hoping I would) along the country roads by the house. It was humid but 70 degrees, I was slower than my past 3 mile pace but I am just glad I got out there and ran. I will say one thing, the sweet smell of corn fields is definitely nice to run with. I will cry tears of joy if Thursday turns out the same as today, I didn't even bother to go back to bed, I came back home and fed Dorian, ate some oatmeal myself and took a shower then headed into the shop.
  Other than the heat, there might be another reason I might have to do my runs in the morning and not run with Team 13. Cameron is getting much busier at the shop and might not be able to watch Dorian at 6 p.m, it kind of sucks because I really enjoyed running with them last year and it means I will have to be careful if I am going to train myself. This Saturday is the last day of Jump Start; 3 miles and then an informational meeting that I probably will go to so that I can get the training schedule and just copy off that with my runs. I am hoping that these last 2 runs being 3 miles are a sign that my body is slowly recovering and ready to use 3 miles as a base and go from there, though I probably will run 2.75 miles Thursday and 3 miles Saturday, 3 miles next Tuesday (or whatever day I do run) and 2.75 miles Thursday depending on how I am feeling and what Team 13's schedule says.

No comments:

Post a Comment