Friday, July 27, 2012

A Run just Before the Storm

  I almost got caught out in the storm, but I got my 4 miles in and ran the last mile at a 9:09 minute pace. The last mile was due to the storm coming, and I wasn't sure how bad the storm would actually be. I was a mile out when I called Cameron to come pick me up, so when I thought he was on his way I sped up and tried to go as fast as I could. I had .3 miles left by the time he pulled up to me so I thought screw it I would finish my run.
  I am finishing this entry the next day so yeah, I won't be risking that anymore. I now have someone who depends on me and needs me in his life, I can't just go out running in storms and stuff. I have to now be careful with everything I do, including when I go out with my camera to shoot abandoned, dilapidated buildings. I don't want to do something stupid that would leave my son alone in this world, I mean yes he'll have his father and family but as Cameron keeps reminding me, a child needs their mother more than any other, especially during the first few years of his life.

  This weekend's run will be 5 miles; I am not too worried about it though, I just have to remind myself to stretch and take it easy during the long run. I suppose a 12-13 minute pace during the first half will be just fine, then I can pick it up as I feel comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment