Monday, July 23, 2012

My Four Mile Long Run

   I was a little worried about last night's run, I was still feeling sore from Thursday's squats, lunges and then 3.5 mile run. It actually wasn't that bad 4 miles, I mean I did make the mistake of including a lot of hills AND I had to stop and dive into the woods to use the restroom. I spooked something that was quite large, I am still hoping it was a deer but I am not sure so it spooked me.  I had a route planned but after that, I turned down a side road into a neighborhood (rare in that area, normally just a bunch of country wooded roads with no street lights) and had no idea where I was going or what road I was on. The only real thing I hate about running at night is that my senses are on such high alert, my adrenaline is pumping and I am ready to sprint at the first uncertain sound or sight. I had my pepper spray in my hand the whole time, with the attitude "spray first, ask question later", it was definitely unnerving. I do not care for running on streets that have trees lining the side, god only knows what could jump out at me or run in front of me. The main issue is summer, the trees have leaves so you can't see anything until you're on top of it, and there's no street lights. Winter will be better, no leaves to hide a lot and when the moon is full or still mostly full I will be able to see into the trees and in front of me better, I can't wait for those runs.
   I wanted to stay at an easy pace for my long run, but it didn't quite go that way. Here's my pace sets for each mile: 

Mile 1 - 12:20
Mile 2 - 11:51
Mile 3 - 11:51
Mile 4 - 12:06
.04 Mile - 11:31
Average pace: 12:02 mpm


Okay maybe it was slow for some, but I am pretty proud as Thursday's run was much slower (due to talking). I have a link showing a more detailed version of the splits including the elevations.




http://connect.garmin.com/splits/202161934

No comments:

Post a Comment