Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Group Run in like Two Weeks

    Since the little storm this last Sunday, we have had what would be a cold front compared to last week. Tonight Team 13 is not being canceled so I will be running with the large group, 3 miles tonight. I have been missing these runs since this heat wave; I miss running with the group because it keeps me busy and distracted. My pace and training aren't really being affected by the heat too bad, I think  an increase of about half a minute up to a minute on some of the runs. The YMCA 5k race is less than 2 weeks away now, though it is at 7 a.m I really hope the heat isn't bad because I would like to see myself around 28:00 minutes if not less.
     I will probably update this blog on how the run went tonight, the temp should hang around 90 but it will feel like 97, still better than being 97 and feeling like 110 degrees.
     I stayed around 30 minutes for the 3 miles, it was hard and sucked because of the humidity but we got it done and I am happy for it. Our YMCA 5k race is about one week and 3 days away, next Saturday, I really hope the weather is below 80 for 7:00 a.m or at least no humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment