Monday, September 1, 2014

Excited, Some Thoughts, Some Concern......

  First, I want to say that I am sad that Pegleg1983 is leaving the bloop and that things aren't working out with the injury :( I hope things improve and that she is able to come back and get back to running.  :'(
  Today is September 1 which means only 2 months until the Monumental Marathon!!!!! I took yesterday and today off, and I am definitely feeling refreshed and strong..... of course I haven't really been outside in the humid crap so I don't know lol, this hot, humid weather has really been a challenge for my first marathon training BUT I seriously think it is going to pay off come cooler weather and if the weather is as gorgeous this year as it was during last year's race.
  Now for the concern and thoughts - I think I've found my first 50k... it is in October, the StumpJump 50k in Chattanooga, TN.
  This year it is on October 4, the same day that the Evansville Half is on and last year it was on the very same day, and 2012's race was as well. BUT looking back from 2011 to 2008 it was not, and sometimes it was even a week later or earlier than the Evansville Half. Just maybe, maybe it will not be on the same date next year, I am hoping and praying it isn't because I have openly promised myself to the Evansville Half Marathon every year since 2011 because it is the race that inspired me to begin my journey and love affair with running.
  I am not sure when registration opens but I think it ends on September 27 or when the entries are filled up. The Evansville Half will show next year's date and open registration around March, Stumpjump 50k will probably do it around the same time too along with registration.
  I am going to do my best not to fret about it until I know what the dates are, I mean hell I also have the Land Between the Lakes marathon in my sights for next March.... though I am secretly wanting to do the 60k.. but don't tell anybody!
  Right now I am just going to focus my excitement on the Evansville Half just a month away and the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon 2 months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment