Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week Eleven So Far

  So I took Sunday off along with Monday, saying goodbye to August with 175.2 miles but I needed a few days off. Yesterday I ran 5.3 miles easy, though the last mile and .3 were a bit faster than I wanted and I really only had 5 miles planned but upon looking at the sky I decided I would make it 5.3 and pick up a bit of pace. Since the beginning of my run there was constant lightning but as the sun began to come up I could really see how bad the sky looked. I am lucky I made it home in one piece, the temperature was 79 degrees, humidity 79% so it wasn't bad and there was 11 mph SSW winds so it definitely felt better. The inside of my right ankle felt achy during the first 3 miles or so of my run, but then it would go away and it doesn't really feel like it is my ankle but near it.
  I ran 5.3 miles in 56:49 with an average pace of 10:43 min/mile.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:28
Mile 2 - 10:52
Mile 3 - 10:34
Mile 4 - 10:33
Mile 5 - 10:19
Mile 5.3 - 10:06

   This morning was cooler, temperature of 66 degrees with 94% humidity but not bad at all. I didn't get much sleep though, and around 1 AM Dorian was especially restless, I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to run but luckily by 4 AM he was pretty much out.
   The inside of my right ankle was aching again during the first 2-3 miles of this run, I am currently wearing my little brace thingy hoping it will help... I might ice the spot later today when I get home. Even with cooler weather, I wasn't really able to get up much speed so this was definitely an easy MLR which I am okay with, I just want to take it easy for another week or 2.
   I ran 9.2 miles in 1:36:11 with an average pace of 10:27 min/mile, elevation gain of 184 feet and a loss of 187 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:24
Mile 2 - 11:07
Mile 3 - 10:34
Mile 4 - 10:48
Mile 5 - 10:45
Mile 6 - 10:17
Mile 7 - 10:04
Mile 8 - 10:03
Mile 9 - 9:19
.2      - 9:07

    I am hoping my ankle area is just aching from the training, some other experienced marathoners say I should expect these little aches as I get more into these longer distances and training. As long as it isn't actual pain, a little ache here or there isn't anything to worry about.
   September 13 is the Fido Run/Walk 5k, I know I am no longer interested in short distances like 10k or less but I decided I wanted to try this with Rocky and just have fun. I don't expect to race it, I am sure Rocky will be much more interested in saying hi to other dogs and people, but I will do my best not to push it as I've got an 18 miler planned that Sunday.
  This Sunday is promising much cooler weather, I am hoping (and PRAYING) it is true. I've got 18 miles to run that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment