Wednesday, September 24, 2014

This Week So Far

  So I haven't had the internet at home since last Tuesday, but hopefully that will change tonight with Time Warner coming out.
  Yesterday morning Rocky and I ran 5 miles, it was 48 degrees out so it was a little chilly but not bad. The upper part of my right hamstring has been feeling a bit tight, trying to stretch it out some but I'll probably use the foam roller tonight.  We ran 5 miles in 51:42, with an average pace of 10:33 min/mile.
  While in the office yesterday afternoon, I got online and noticed registration is finally open for the Land Between the Lakes Marathon (and other distances) - you bet your ass I signed up without a second's thought...... but those second thoughts are definitely hanging around my head now lol, I haven't even ran my first marathon and I am already signed up for my second. 
 This morning it was 50 degrees and clear out, Rocky and I headed out the door and heard the awesome sound of coyotes just out in the field near our house. I noticed my hamstring would give me issue if I tried to go at an easy pace, but not so bad if I was going fast. I was having some stomach pain... not sure what and Rocky was starting to slow down around mile 7 but would do better if I got him onto the grass rather than the road.
  I had to stop a few times and try to stretch the hamstring, it wasn't really hurting but it felt in some ways that it was going to get really tight or cramp up. We ran 10 miles in 1:35:24 with an average pace of 9:32 min/mile, with an elevation gain of 225 feet and a loss of 221 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:59
Mile 2 - 10:30
Mile 3 - 10:02
Mile 4 - 9:37
Mile 5 - 9:35
Mile 6 - 9:21
Mile 7 - 9:01
Mile 8 - 9:02
Mile 9 - 8:50
Mile 10 - 8:26

    I sure hope to see numbers like during my marathon, but without any stops dang it, but it is usually easier to keep running without stopping when running with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment