Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yesterday & Today

  First off, yesterday morning was just amazing... 60 freaking degrees and the moon was shining so brightly, there really wasn't any need for street lights. It was a clear early morning, the moon wasn't huge but it was bright.
  Rocky and I ran 5 miles easy, I was a little sore for the first mile or so but things eased up pretty quick. It was a very enjoyable run, and makes me so ready for Fall and even Winter.
   We ran 5 miles in 54:08 with an average pace of 10:49 min/mile, just nice and slow. Near the end with only a half mile left we spooked a skunk and what looked like 3 raccoons getting into some trash, I will admit that I am pretty skittish around skunks now.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:27
Mile 2 - 10:58
Mile 3 - 10:39
Mile 4 - 10:30
Mile 5 - 10:30

  This morning wasn't quite as chilly, about 12 degrees warmer and the humidity could definitely be felt. I decided to take Rocky with me, even though it was 72 degrees and 83%, it wasn't awful especially with the nice little breeze but I know Rocky preferred yesterday's temp and the of course I had to wear capris due to the stupid poison ivy so that made things a little warmer.
  The plan was 10 miles this morning, after much thinking I had decided to bump Wednesday's runs up to 10 so I was curious to see how Rocky would handle it. Overall he did well, he panted a lot and was lagging a bit around the last mile but of course I had also picked up the pace. I guess animals aren't really built like us, they tend to slow down as time progresses while we pick up the pace.
  We ran 10 miles in 1:42:40 with an average pace of 10:16 min/mile, not bad at all. Elevation gain of 216 feet and a loss of 223 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:04
Mile 2 - 10:34
Mile 3 - 10:21
Mile 4 - 10:27
Mile 5 - 10:05
Mile 6 - 10:12
Mile 7 - 10:20
Mile 8 - 10:06
Mile 9 - 9:24


  I am trying my hardest not to think about how much longer until the marathon, less than 2 months damn it and I am seriously thinking about it all day..... September is already almost half way over, it is crazy.





No comments:

Post a Comment