Friday, August 22, 2014

  Yesterday I bit the bullet and went to the gym around 5 PM, mainly because 98 degrees outside just didn't sound too awesome. I felt like a total newbie, I felt eyes on me and the treadmill I was on was just obnoxiously loud. The worst part... I swear their thermostat was set to 80 or something, barely ten minutes into my run I was sweating as if I were outside. I felt very self-conscious about it, around 1 mile the towel I had been using for my face fell off the treadmill and I thought "f&(^k" I must look like an idiot. I waited until about 1.26 to pick it up, I really didn't want to bend down or turn off the treadmill so I did my best to set on the sides, squat down and grab it... well the stupid emergency cord thingy that was clipped to me was short enough to pull the key thingy out and shut off the treadmill. Yeah I was frustrated...
  I'm going to say I ran for 31-32 minutes...? I do not want to say miles because I didn't go anywhere damn it, and I left after that - I wanted to try out some of the upper body machines (especially the back hyper extension thingy - the one where you bend over from your hips/waist) but all your usual buff morons were all over those and I am too shy to shove my way through.
  This morning I was thinking no way, I had 5 miles planned and I just really didn't want to go to the gym and sweat like a freaking pig as if I were outside and be stuck in one place. Temperature was 79 degrees, humidity of 80% and a dew point of 72, no wind. I said screw it and threw on my shorts and a tank and hit the road, and was seriously sore from the treadmill run yesterday, I had it set to an 11 min pace and it still felt like I was going like 10 min/mile pace. Yes I sweated like a pig but I felt it was much more deserved outside than inside. I kept my eyes open for anything strange, but nothing out of the ordinary.
  I ended up running 6 miles in 1:01:43 with an average pace of 10:17 min/mile.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:14
Mile 2 - 10:11
Mile 3 - 10:15
Mile 4 - 10:15
Mile 5 - 9:59
Mile 6 - 9:46

   I really didn't have any plans to run tomorrow, but I might throw in a 3 miler before dawn and I am trying to talk my sisters into going to the gym later that day with me.
   Right now, this area is dealing with some horribly humid and hot weather... and it looks like it is going to last into next week. I've got my first 20 miler planned for Sunday, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment