Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Fast but Challenging 9 Miler

  This morning almost didn't happen, Dorian was very restless all night and then at 3 AM he was awake and I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to go out for my run. Luckily I reset my alarm to 4:05 AM and when it went off he was back to sleep. Temperature was 76 degrees outside, 89% humidity and a dew point of 72.... no freaking wind as usual. I left the shirt at home this time and I was determined to run this one just outside of my comfort zone (but to uncomfortable level in the heat) and due to the heat I was having to stop every mile to catch my breath and recover as quickly as possible. By mile 7 I had to hit some of the hillier roads, I can't forget to mention that my left hamstring was very tight throughout the whole run - I kept trying to stretch it every time I stopped but it just wasn't helping.
  Overall it was a great run and definitely let me see where my fitness is at and how I might handle my first marathon. 
  I ran 9 miles in 1:22:57 with an average pace of 9:13 min/mile, elevation gain of 195 feet and a loss of 188 feet.
Mile 1 - 11:00
Mile 2 - 9:38
Mile 3 - 9:31
Mile 4 - 9:27
Mile 5 - 8:55
Mile 6 - 8:57
Mile 7 - 8:27
Mile 8 - 8:51
Mile 9 - 8:10

    As you can see, it was a pretty good run and I cannot wait until colder weather to see what I can really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment