Thursday, August 14, 2014

One Really Crappy Trail Run

  First, I took Dorian and Rocky for a 4 miler Tuesday evening which went well.

  As for Wednesday morning..........
  I didn't want to get up this morning, I was freaking tired but I promised Rocky a run on the trails since is was only 61 degrees. Boy do I wish I hadn't made that promise, because the trails were unkind to me and my feet just didn't have much get up and go :(
  I swear there are more roots out there now than there is dirt and trail, and within the first half mile I was attacked by a large root and landed on the right side of my body. I scraped my elbow, scraped my knee a little but more bruised it than anything, but most of all my ego was crushed lol.
  For miles 2 and 3 I stayed on the levee, not wanting to get back out on the trails. Fear of injuring myself had finally reached reality, but around mile 3 I got back out on the trails and things were going fine for the most part. We spooked a mother raccoon and 2 youngin's, and of course saw lots of deer. Things were going really well until the final loop and right around the last half mile my right foot caught a stump.... luckily a tree broke my fall and just about broke my hand too. At this point I was freaking pissed off and cursing at the trees, I was freaking done man....... it's a good thing my run was almost done.
   As far as the run, Rocky and I ran 9 miles in 1:34:38 with an average pace of 10:31 min/mile. Elevation gain of 73 feet and a loss of 77 feet, the moon was beautifully bright even for not being full...but that didn't help my ego or my spirit much.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:21
Mile 2 - 10:03
Mile 3 - 10:29
Mile 4 - 10:41
Mile 5 - 11:04
Mile 6 - 10:30
Mile 7 - 10:41
Mile 8 - 9:58
Mile 9 - 9:51


    After yesterday morning's trail run I have decided to stop running trails during this training cycle, until after I've completed my first marathon because I would just lose it if I ended up injuring myself and not be able to run the IMM..... you would probably see me on the news for some violent act.

No comments:

Post a Comment