Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Runs so Far this Week, and Some Bad News

   First the bad/sad news - two women are missing in my area, one from Boonville who has been missing since Friday morning last week and the other one from Evansville who has been missing since last month. Police swear there are no connections, the 3rd woman who went missing Sunday was found.... in the White River near Hazleton, IN.... her body that is. BUT, she apparently had a history of drug use and the pic they used when searching for her was a mug shot so I am assuming she decided to go for a swim in the river either sober or wasted and the current took her under.
  I honestly don't think it is murder, or that there is any connection to the Boonville woman and Evansville woman but sadly they are/were both mothers to two children (each) and are missed dearly by friends and family. Until they are either found alive or worse, DH and my mom don't want me running alone during the dark by myself so I have gotten a gym membership (BLAH!) for using the treadmill BUT I will be sneaking my Wednesday and Sunday long runs outside as I just don't know if I can handle an hour and a half run on the treadmill, let alone a 3 hour run... plus I would like to get back to weight training again - at least my upper body and core, as I try to be very careful with my legs so that I don't tire them or even injure them.
  Yesterday evening I and Dorian went for our 4 miler, it sucked - 86 degrees (feels like 93), 66% humidity but a dew point of 72 and the pressure was awful because of the storm hovering above but never letting loose. I ran the 4 miles in 40:52 with an average pace of 10:12 mine/mile, elevation gain of 120 feet and a loss of 104 feet. 
  This morning was my 9 miler and due to it being 72 degrees, 94% humidity a dew point of 69 I decided not to take Rocky with me as I knew he would die. I am normally very aware of my surroundings but this time I was extra vigilant and paid attention to even the smell of cigarettes in the air just after the first mile. Nothing fishy this time, but I will definitely be more vigilant from now on and I might not even take my mp3 with me during my Sunday long runs.
  Anyways, I ran 9 miles in 1:30:18 with an average pace of 10:02 min/mile and an elevation gain of 194 feet and a loss of 189 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:08
Mile 2 - 10:34
Mile 3 - 10:06
Mile 4 - 10:13
Mile 5 - 10:15
Mile 6 - 9:47
Mile 7 - 9:44
Mile 8 - 9:39
Mile 9 - 8:52

    Tomorrow morning (hopefully) will be my first time back in a gym in over 2 years... hopefully there won't be a lot of people in there at 4 AM because I hate looking like a newbie or even an idiot. I've got 3 miles planned - 4 if it feels better than expected, and then I'll do some back strengthening exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment