Friday, August 29, 2014

Yesterday and Today

  First off, the weather sucks. This weekend is threatening rain and thunderstorms, so I cannot even say with certainty if I will get a long run in on Sunday but hopefully I can get 3 or 4 miles in tomorrow. 
  My legs are really feeling fatigued and sore now, most likely Wednesday's hard 9 miler wasn't a good idea so soon after the 20 miler. Ugh, things are sore and achy and I feel like I need a few days off :(
  Yesterday morning I got 4 miles in, my left hamstring wasn't aching like it was Wednesday but it was still feeling tight. I made sure to take it very easy though, and finished 4 miles in 43:46 with an average pace of 10:57 min/mile. I did some foam rolling throughout the day afterwards.
 Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 10:57
Mile 3 - 10:48
Mile 4 - 10:37

   It doesn't look like this heat is going to let up anytime soon, next week is showing temps in the low 90's and I am sure humid weather will follow with the early morning temps of 70-75 :(  I am so looking forward to Fall and even Winter, even all the layers of clothes I have to put on during sub zero weather.
  
  This morning my hamstring was feeling a tad better but both legs were pretty achy and just feeling fatigued, I still got 6 miles in this morning. Temperatures were 73 degrees and 94% humidity (blah) and no wind. This was just about as slow as yesterday's run, I just did my best to keep it easy and slow. I finished 6 miles in 1:05:22 with an average pace of 10:53 min/mile.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 10:43
Mile 3 - 10:52
Mile 4 - 10:48
Mile 5 - 10:26
Mile 6 - 11:05


    Sunday is showing scattered thunderstorms all day, and by all day I mean from midnight to evening it will either be 40-50% chance of rain. Saturday is showing cooler temps with humidity in the 70s range.... but I was really craving a day off tomorrow, but after much thinking and debating I think I am going to aim for a 10 miler tomorrow morning and take Sunday and Monday off. I don't want to, but damn it I am not about to be forced to lose a long run due to mother nature.
  Next Monday is September 1 (and Labor Day) and marks exactly 2 months until my first marathon, I am excited and getting more excited and anxious as the days count down. I am also nervous about the weather.... it is 100% out of my control and I am praying that it will be as beautiful as last year was. Please keep your fingers crossed for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment