Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday's 9 Mile Long Run / This Morning's 3.5 Mile Easy

  I forgot to blog yesterday about my 9 mile run, so I am just going to combine yesterday and this morning. Yesterday I was out the door before 7 for my 9 miles, luckily it was cloudy and still under 70 degrees. The whole time I questioned whether I was going to do 9 miles or 8 instead, I was a little worried that I had increased my weekly mileage too much and I was hungry. It was 66 degrees, humidity at 100% and a dew point I believe of 64, elevation gain of 207 feet and a loss of 213 feet.
  I kept it pretty easy and slow for the first 5 miles I think, and then I picked up the pace for some reason but probably mainly because I just wanted to get home and eat something. I did stop twice, once just after mile 6 and another time just before mile 8 to take a breather and hope the hunger pains would go away. I ran the 9 miles in 1:28:41 with an average pace of 9:51 min/mile, and then I believe I had maybe .3 mile walk afterwards to get back to the house. I had a strange headache afterwards, and I did a lot of stretching to ensure no injuries.
   My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 10:41
Mile 2 - 10:16
Mile 3 - 10:22
Mile 4 - 10:17
Mile 5 - 10:11
Mile 6 - 9:35
Mile 7 - 9:16
Mile 8 - 9:11
Mile 9 - 8:49

    Overall a good run, didn't need to stop and use the restroom at all which was a bit strange for that long of a run, though I did have to afterwards.
 This morning was a planned 5 miles but I decided since I reached 26 miles last week, I would cut back my mileage this week just to prevent any possible injuries and since I have a 4 mile race Thursday morning, I want to be nice and fresh for it. I ended up doing 3.5 miles, which I did end up going to the bathroom at the Casey's General Store just before mile 2. It was 68 degrees, humidity at 100% and I have no idea on dew point, it started sprinkling and thundering just after mile 2 and then raining after mile 3 I believe. I was going to do 4 but I wasn't sure if there was going to be lightning or if a downpour was coming so I decided to be happy with 3.5 miles this morning. I ran 3.5 in 35:30 with an average pace of 10:10 min/mile, a good slow and easy for the most part.
   My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:08
Mile 2 - 10:14
Mile 3 - 9:42
.5       - 8:59

   I have been stretching afterwards, trying as best I can to avoid injury. I got home, took a shower and went back to sleep for 2 hours or so, it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment