Monday, July 22, 2013

A Rainy 4 Miler, Slow and Easy

   I'm going to have to set my alarm to 5:30, not 4:30 since I get back from my runs and still have an hour or two before I have to get ready to work. If I lay back down, I don't get up until 9:30 and that isn't a habit I need to start. This morning I went out the door even with the rain, I was half-expecting a downpour at any moment but luckily it just stayed a steady drizzle. Amazingly I wasn't very sore from yesterday's 10 miler, but I still took it slow and easy and tried not to go fast. I wanted to keep it around an 11:00 min/mile pace, I figure that would be slow enough.
  Four miles in 42:09 with an average pace of 10:31 min/mile so not bad for a slow run. The temperature was 72 degrees, humidity at 100% with rain and dew point was somewhere around 70.
  My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:04
Mile 2 - 10:39
Mile 3 - 10:22
Mile 4 - 10:02

   My pace was dropping with each mile so thankfully it was only 4 miles, otherwise pretty soon it wouldn't have been a recovery run. Tomorrow I am going to enjoy not having to get up and go run, I am going to try and take it easy and maybe a walk but mostly nothing. Hopefully Wednesday will be a good progression run, I'll leave it at 6 miles and aim for another 25 miles for this week, maybe upping it to 26 next week but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment