Wednesday, July 10, 2013

This Morning's 6 Mile Run

  I honestly didn't think I would have the energy to get out there and run, I only had about 2, maybe 3 hours of sleep before Dorian woke and kept me up. I got him back to sleep and got out the door by 5:07 a.m. and struggled through 6 miles of humidity. It was about 80 degrees with humidity at 94% and dew point around 74, it sucked and I had to stop 4 times just to recover and I am sure my lack of sleep was part of the cause.
  I ran the 6 miles in 55:51 with an average pace of 9:18 min/mile, so I can still consider it a progression run I guess. It definitely took some effort to keep going, I am not going to lie about that.
My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 10:29
Mile 2 - 9:22
Mile 3 - 8:58
Mile 4 - 9:18
Mile 5 - 9:07
Mile 6 - 8:34

    Not bad considering barely any sleep and the heat/humidity I was dealing with, I am going to take it easy the rest of the day and try to sleep when I can. This Friday will be an easy and slow 5 miles, and then Sunday I will go ahead and do another 9 miles, next Sunday will be my first ten miles since March 16.... wow that will be almost 4 months since a 10 mile run which was apparently before my half marathon, I could have sworn I had ran 10 miles since..... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment