Sunday, July 28, 2013

An Amazing 10 Miler in 50 Degrees

   I couldn't help but feel so giddy and excited when I stepped out the door at 5:36 this morning, it was 52 degrees and the sun was beginning to rise. The 100% humidity didn't even make a difference, I wanted to laugh out in happiness just feeling the temperature. This morning's ten miler was about 3 minutes slower than last Sunday, and the elevation gain was only 30 feet less than last Sunday so I am not sure why it was slower but it felt great. I only stopped twice this time, to duck into a field of corn the first time and use the restroom, and then the second time into the woods. Last Sunday I stopped 4 times just to take a breather, maybe from pushing myself and the warmer temperature. Anyways, enough excuses on that, I didn't mind being out there for 3 more minutes as it felt amazing. I ran ten miles in 1:38:01 with an average pace of 9:48 min/mile, and I think I could have kept that pace for 3.1 more miles so it still would have been a faster 13.1 miles than the St. Louis Half marathon.
My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:20
Mile 2 - 10:18
Mile 3 - 9:58
Mile 4 - 9:47
Mile 5 - 9:56
Mile 6 - 9:51
Mile 7 - 9:53
Mile 8 - 9:27
Mile 9 - 9:06 
Mile 10 - 8:22 

  Comparing this run to last Sunday, I think where I lost the time was the first mile and second mile but I felt kind of sluggish. No worries, next Sunday will be another 10 miler and hopefully in nice weather too.

No comments:

Post a Comment