Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Cutback Week and Updates on Planning for Craziness

  2016 is going to be a crazy, tough year.... especially if business doesn't pick up and do much better than 2015... I'm actually stressing over everything and trying to figure up expenses to make sure that LBLM happens, the Mark Twain Endurance 50 happens, AND our wedding.
  I'll explain that last part - when we got married in November 20, 2006 we just went downtown in front of a judge person and married that way, at that time there really wasn't any point to have a big wedding as my family hated the fact that I was marrying a man 20 years older than me. Now things are much smoother and we figured (okay, more like my husband figured... a wedding was never something I cared about... as I am a tomboy) it would be a great idea to have a real wedding on our 10th anniversary. I don't plan on making it big, reserving a place (a lodge or events center at Burdette park) will probably be the 2nd biggest spending part, as I am sure the dress will be the biggest.... I am so new to this that it is going to be stressful but hopefully my sisters can help me as they are already married and went through the whole craziness. I have no plans of hiring a planner, I can do this by myself :) I want a platinum or white gold dress. Since it will be in the Fall I'd like a Autumn color theme for the bridesmaids' dresses while the theme color is going to be silver and a frosted/shimmering orange. I am not going to be a dictator on the bridesmaid's dresses, just the colors but the girls can pick their top types (halter, tube top, sleeves, etc)... anyways....
So the Land Between the Lakes marathon is still a go, although with all this other stuff going on I am really debating on whether I just have someone drive down there with me (a nearly 2.5 hour drive) and then drive me back up as I know I won't be able to drive after this, because the total cost is around $525 for the 3 night stay at a lodging that allows dogs. That isn't so bad except I've also got the cabin in Missouri for September which that will total around $1,300 for 6 night stay (broken up into 3-4 payments). It is a really nice cabin too, worth the money and not too far from the Berryman Campgrounds, it looks about a 10 minute drive but unfortunately I don't have the address to the cabin yet. But finding it on google map, and doing a little messing with directions it is about 24-30 minutes from the campgrounds - win win win.
 With all the holiday chaos, I decided to make last week a cutback week and I only ran 3 days and just took it easy over the weekend. Now it's back to the grindstone, with hopes of making December my 2nd 200 mile month... I've only got 2 more days to so.

No comments:

Post a Comment