Monday, December 14, 2015

2016 LBLM Week 2 - Part II

I think I stopped at Thursday for part one of LBLM Week 2, so I will start with Friday. I decided not to add any extra runs this week, mainly because I figured jumping from 46 miles last week to 51 miles this week was sufficient enough and anything more might be stupid.
So on to Friday – I took the dogs to the trails and we ran 6.3 miles in 1:06:08 with an average pace of 10:30 min/mile, I was feeling relatively slow after Thursday’s 10.1 miles on the roads. It was also 54 degrees and 94% humid, not awful for me but Rocky was definitely suffering.
Saturday morning the K9’s and I hit the trails for 7 miles, I wanted 8 but didn’t get much sleep and it was 64 degrees and 88% humidity, yeah it sucked. Going from 30 something degrees to 60 something degrees in the same week can throw you off. The dogs also hated it, so I was not alone with this thought, we ran the 7 miles in 1:09:45 with an average pace 9:58 min/mile. I wanted to take Dorian for a little run later that day, but it was really windy so I chose not to.
Sunday – the 16 miler.
     I think I debated on getting up that morning, trying to excuse myself and say I could run it that evening but as I looked at the forecast it was going to be windy as hell and warmer so when my alarm went off at 5:30 I forced myself out of bed. Saturday night I had decided that I would run the roads, leaving the dogs at home as I just knew Rocky would suffer tremendously if I took him out to run 16 miles in this surprise weather. Hell, I didn’t even want to go out but I told myself I have ran in much worse conditions.
It was 63 degrees, 72% humidity, unbelievably windy… and my Piriformis on my left side was acting up again, this was going to be a long morning.
     I took an old route that I had used for my 2014 training when I needed to run 16 miles and I had never realized until that morning just how hilly this damn route was. My Piriformis was hating me, but strangely the miles just kept clicking by. I can’t tell you how happy I was when I reached 13 miles, because I knew then that I only had 3 miles to go and anybody can do 3 freaking miles.
  I’ll admit, I stopped many times – to try and stretch, to debate on roads as I hadn’t looked at my route before going out so I didn’t quite remember from mile 11 and on. But I managed to overlap a few spots to make up for it (I hate overlapping by the way)
  I ended up running 16.1 miles in 2:25:24 with an average pace of 9:02 min/mile, elevation gain of 453 feet and a loss of 459 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 – 10:09
Mile 2 – 9:30
Mile 3 – 9:15
Mile 4 – 9:11
Mile 5 – 9:10
Mile 6 – 8:56
Mile 7 – 9:08
Mile 8 – 8:54
Mile 9 – 8:44
Mile 10 – 8:56
Mile 11 – 8:57
Mile 12 – 8:38
Mile 13 – 8:45
Mile 14 – 8:59
Mile 15 – 8:39
Mile 16 – 8:38
Mile 16.1 – 8:44

     And then later that morning my son put my mp3 player in the dogs’ water bowl……… destroying it and the ear buds with it so I had to go on amazon and buy me another, hoping they get here before next Sunday as I do not want to run 18 miles by myself with nothing but the voices in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment