Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Last Night's 5 Miler

 Last night was freezing cold, and I hated every mile of my 5 mile run. My eyes were burning and dry from the wind that was making 25 degrees feel like 15. My fingers were just about frozen as was my nose and mouth. I almost ended my run after .6 miles of it but I decided to keep pushing forward and finish it, and then go home and buy some warmer clothing. I am probably going to end up spending like $200 before it is said and done, but I need to do whatever it takes to stay warm and not get frostbite.
 Anyways, my splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:52
Mile 2 - 10:09
Mile 3 - 10:39
Mile 4 - 11:02 (Got so cold, I couldn't feel my legs)
Mile 5 - 10:18

  My average pace was 10:36, so it was an easy but freezing pace. My time was 53:02, I will not be making that same mistake again. I've already purchased a face mask, a warmer jacket, I am going to purchase warmer gloves and warmer pants too.

No comments:

Post a Comment