Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh Anticipation!!

  I am so excited, tonight is Jump Start's first training run this year and I cannot wait. I am watching the time and just counting down, my patience is killing me too. Dorian will be staying here with Cameron at the shop, I think I am going to get another infant car seat base for the jeep in case Cameron and Ethan want to head home on one my training nights that I will be gone for more than a half hour. Tonight we start at 1 mile, I don't know about my sister but I don't plan on taking it slow and easy, for some reason my body feels this overwhelming energy that doesn't want to be contained - free from all that weight gain and slowness I was dealing with during pregnancy. I am curious to see what pace I can keep; I'd like to get under 10 minutes but we will have to see, if they are using the same route as last year then I know that there won't be any hills to deal with. I will also remember to stop drinking about an hour before 6 p.m and try and use the bathroom as many times as possible. I am so excited!!!!! I am excited to get back into training, excited to get back into running, but I am really excited to have my sister joining me this year. She is 4 years older than me, and all through middle school and high school she was in track and cross country, and I stood back and admired her wishing I could join her but afraid and not able to keep a pace or breathing technique. She hasn't really RAN in 6 years, not more than 2 miles I  know for sure as those runs were with me in the last 2 years. Her husband isn't supportive and always telling her she will give up and quit like always, I am hoping and praying she won't, I am hoping that I can keep her going on this. My first Half Marathon was amazing, but this 2nd one will be much more if I can run and finish it with my sister. I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment