Friday, May 25, 2012

Another Peeless Run

  Last night was our second training run, 1.25 miles (but my Garmin and Phone app both said 1.12 :(.....) and I had no accidents at all. The only issue was when we had about 2 blocks left and Shauna and I gave our "kick", the muscle between my neck and right shoulder tightened up (first time). It didn't effect me too much, my thighs were feeling a bit heavy during the whole run (I did a few squats earlier that day) but our pace stayed just under 11 minutes so not bad for trying to get used to the heat and wearing a shirt. I really hope that after a month of training I will be comfortable with taking my shirt off again, and really it isn't so much my stomach that I am feeling self-conscious about but my thighs. They are still thick from the pregnancy and it is a little disappointing as they were just toning up last year and I was finally feeling comfortable with them.
   Saturday runs are in the morning at 7, which might be an issue though tomorrow is going to be low 70s and 1.25 miles so I think I am going to take Dorian with me as Cameron is not a morning person. I don't know if I would be able to take him on every Saturday long run, especially when they start getting past 1.5 miles because I haven't ran with him further than a mile AND I don't know if his patience would last. If not, then my long runs will just have to be sometime during the weekend when I can either have Cameron watch him or my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment