Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Future Goals

  My sister posted my text to her yesterday on facebook, about how excited I am in running with her and training for the Half Marathon. She was very moved by it, but her husband came on and commented, wishing us luck and mentioning the Chicago or Boston Marathon which got me thinking........ the Chicago has no qualifying times needed but the Boston does and it wouldn't be a bad idea to train for the SIC Full Marathon next April, I mean once we finish the Half in October, we can use Jump Start and Team 13's training schedule as an example for our training schedule, or even find a group that is still training during winter. I mean it will be slightly difficult, training and increasing our mileage during winter but at this moment I can seem to find any other Marathons near us, but I will keep looking. Not a whole lot seems to happen here around Indiana, I mean there is the Indianapolis Marathon, but 2013's won't be until October which means I would miss the Half here in Evansville.......... hmmm decisions, decisions, decisions.........
   I guess, depending on how this year's Half goes will be the deciding factor on next year. I may never qualify for the Boston but I would love to push my goals past a Half Marathon and towards a Full within the next 3 years, and then maybe within the next 10 years my very first Ultra Marathon. I guess we will see won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment