Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Eleven, Day 7

 With the forecast saying rain I really wasn't expecting to get anything more than 5 miles in, it was 61 degrees and 88% humidity and a slight drizzle/sprinkle that didn't feel too bad. I left Rocky home this time, figuring he could use a break and he doesn't exactly like being out in the rain.
Within the first 3 miles things weren't great, I had to find a spot for a pit stop and my ankles were a little sore. I think my body got used to stretching before the run over the last 3-4 days and was acting up due to not stretching.
Thankfully somewhere around mile 6 or 7 there was no soreness and I was actually feeling really good though my abs were sore and I think I was hungry. 
I did get 10 miles in, and at that point the rain was becoming more of a downpour.
I ran 10 miles in 1:36:44 with an average pace of 9:40 min/mile, elevation gain of 232 feet and a loss of 237 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:17

Mile 2 - 10:01
Mile 3 - 10:08
Mile 4 - 9:59
Mile 5 - 9:43
Mile 6 - 9:18
Mile 7 - 9:22
Mile 8 - 9:16
Mile 9 - 9:20
Mile 10 - 9:18

   A very nice progression long run, and a very nice long run to top off the final week before taper. I've got two back to back half marathons next weekend and I am getting nervously stoked for them.
April 25 - Kentucky Derby Festival Half Marathon
April 26 - Backside Trail Half Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment