Friday, April 24, 2015

I'm Ready Damn It

  Only a couple more hours before we hit the road, and I'm checking the weather... looks like I can expect rain during tomorrow's race... that sucks but hopefully it won't be a monsoon like the 2013 Evansville Half Marathon was, I can deal with a little bit of rain or drizzle though I really don't want to get my good, new race shoes wet.
  As usual my husband is taking his sweet time getting back to the house so we can go, I wanted to leave between 12:30 and 1 PM but knowing him, we'll end up leaving around 2. Louisville is an hour ahead and I really wanted to get to the hotel by 4 PM, it's so frustrating when I am stuck waiting on others. 
  I am always a little stressed during this time, once we get to the hotel and I have my race packet and bib and we know where the start/finish is then I will be a little more relaxed. I am always expecting something to go wrong on the day we are supposed to leave..... 
  I guess I am a little nervous about the weather tomorrow, but the Backside Trail Half won't have rain on Sunday. But the 2nd race, the trail race, is showing around 1,400 feet in elevation gain for the whole loop (13.1 miles)........ and even though I plan to hike the hills, that number still makes me nervous since I'll be tired from the first half marathon tomorrow. I don't expect to finish under 2.5 hours, that's for sure.
  Hubby is on his way, so we should be leaving around 1. I am just rambling on right now, nervous and excited... but extremely nervous. Am I fit and ready, has my training prepared me for two back to back half marathons? I mean, I guess I am around the same fitness level as I was for the marathon... 
  I haven't gotten up before 5-6 AM in the last 2 days, though Dorian and my brain has tried to wake me up at 4 and 5 AM. My last workout was Wednesday morning and that was focused on the back, depending on how I feel Monday... I might not get up and go to the gym until Tuesday but we will see.
  Okay, I am done rambling..... wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment