Sunday, August 25, 2013

My 1st 11 Mile Long Run

  After a sleepless night due to what I assume are night terrors that Dorian is having lately, this run was was a bit tiring though I only stopped twice, the first time was to turn on my stupid phone alarm between miles 3-4 and then the second one for a breather and to take my shirt off at mile 9. Today was my first 11 mile long run, I've only ran 10 miles as my longest run until this morning and it was tiring. Just into the run, another toyota (SUV) didn't bother to move an inch, causing me to get off to the side quickly and I think I recognize this one as the biatch who has her face stuck to her phone every time I see her and normally she swerves at the last second but this time didn't bother. I know a lot of runners have toyotas, but I hate them and around here most toyota drivers are inconsiderate of others and think the world revolves around them.......... though a lot of large trucks act the same too.
   I got out the door just before 6 a.m, temperature of 64 degrees with humidity at 88%, not bad though I know the temperature will get to 90 something today. Elevation gain of 156 feet and loss of 151 feet, I finished 11 miles in 1:50:49 with an average pace of 10:04 min/mile so not bad for being tired though I am pretty sure I am going to be useless for the rest of the day now. 
My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 10:06
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 9:57
Mile 5 - 10:02
Mile 6 - 9:56
Mile 7 - 9:53
Mile 8 - 9:59
Mile 9 - 9:57
Mile 10 - 9:55
Mile 11 - 9:35

   Strange that the elevation gain was only 156 feet, but then again I did kind of stay on a flat route. With this kind of pace I would finish 13.1 miles in 2:11:52 minutes but hopefully I will have a well rested night's sleep and it will be much colder that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment