Thursday, August 22, 2013

Going Over Things

   It's crazy to look at the calendar, the YMCA 15k is only two weeks from this Saturday and the Evansville Half Marathon is only 43 days and 13 hours away. Then the first of the two Indianapolis Half Marathons is two weeks after the EHM, then my final half marathon is 2 weeks after that one. I remember just a month or two ago looking at 60 days, and 3 months ago over 100 days. Gosh, pretty soon I'll have to be looking around for the first half marathon of 2014, other than the Hearts on Fire 5k in February and the Run of Luck 7k in March, I'd like to have a half marathon in there somewhere.
   As much as I wouldn't mind running the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon, I would kind of rather run one I haven't ran yet. There is the Southern Indiana Classic Half Marathon, of SIC Half Marathon but the last 3 years have been very humid and warm so I am not sure if I would want to run in that weather especially after 6 months or so of running in cold weather.
   Anyways, warm and humid weather is back so sadly Summer is not over and most likely I will not have another wonderful trail run like I did last Wednesday. It would be nice to add an extra 2 or 3 miles to my August mileage but I am fine with what I've got planned as long as it means ending August with at least 100 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment