Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Tough Ten Miler

  This morning's ten miler was tough, but first I don't think I said anything about Friday's run. A 5 miler, easy and slow with a finish time of 51:54 and an average pace of 10:22 min/mile and not a bad run overall. Friday night while doing the plank position I finally reached 5 minutes, totally awesome and I am so excited but I made the mistake of doing the plank for 4 minutes yesterday and during this morning's run I felt it in my stomach. I will take two days off from the plank position to give my stomach a break.
   Saturday afternoon I went for a 6.74 mile bike ride with Dorian, and it was tougher than I thought it would be, the heat and the sun sucked major butt. Anyways onto this morning's run, 10.1 miles and tough with 66 degrees and sunny. Elevation total was 221 feet with a loss of 208, I had to switch my plans of more hills due to yesterday's bike ride. My stomach wasn't cooperating when I ran past the gas station at 1.4 miles, and by mile 6 I only had a corn field to hide in and believe me I learned to never use cornstalk leaves ever again. Anyways, my finish time was 1:38:55 for 10.1 miles with an average pace of 9:48 min/mile which isn't bad and I think I could have held the a pace around 9 minutes for anther 3 miles but to be honest I was ready for the run to be over. The final .1 of the run was a large hill which is why it slowed me down.
My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 10:20
Mile 3 - 9:43
Mile 4 - 9:56
Mile 5 - 9:42
Mile 6 - 9:40
Mile 7 - 9:50
Mile 8 - 9:28
Mile 9 - 9:24
Mile 10 - 8:32
.1     -    9:02 

    So not a great run; but I got over and done with and I am going to relax and try to take it easy. Blah on this crap, hopefully tomorrow's easy recovery run tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment