Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My first outdoor run this winter

This morning I woke up with the intentions of going to the gym and running on the treadmill like I have for the past month and a half; but when I got to the doors I just stood there and realized that it did not feel cold at all outside, it was only around 40 and there wasn't any wind. I quickly made my mind up to head home and grab my running long sleeve and go on the Garvin Park Greenway Trail and run. It was exhilarating and freeing to be outside running again, I haven't been able to run more than 2.15 miles on the treadmill for the past month due to my "overheating" and just plain boredom, but being outside again felt so good I was able to make it to 2.91 miles with not a single problem at all. I can't even begin to describe the feeling, my fingers were a bit numb, but everything else felt all too right, and my nose wasn't even runny at all. From now on, if it isn't raining or below 35 degrees (I'm not sure if I have the gear or the stamina for anything below that yet) and isn't slippery, I will be running outside!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment