Saturday, September 19, 2020

2021 LBL50 Training Week 4

 After taking Sunday off from running, I think my body really appreciated it. Monday I went to the gym focusing on my back and a little bit on my legs/glutes. I definitely went a bit heavy on the glutes and legs, increasing the weights.


Then I went out got in some miles, running 6.2 miles before going back home.











I'm feeling pretty damn good, I'm leaning out and below 140 lbs. In between getting Dorian's lunch and things ready and getting him to school, I took some quick progress pics.



After dropping Dorian off at school, I drove down to John James Aubudon State Park for some mileage on the hills. I ran the trails in reverse from what I normally do, and I'd have to say it was more challenging the the normal way.




Tuesday I didn't hear my alarm go off, so I decided not to go to the gym and tried to get some more sleep until about 4 am. I got up and dressed to go rollerblading, I didn't do any rollerblading last week due to my left knee complaining a bit. I felt pretty good this time.








Then, after dropping Dorian off I took Jetta to Angel Mounds to run the trails. At like 64 degrees, the temperature was just beautiful and Jetta really enjoyed it.
I cannot wait until Autumn really starts showing out along the trails.




Wednesday I headed to the gym and focused on Delts, mostly the rears.




Towards the end of my workout, I decided to go home and grab Jetta and then we headed out to the Bluegrass Fish & Wildlife Refuge Area. We ended up running 7.2 miles, managing not to get hit by any vehicle.



Thursday I made it to the gym again, focused on the Back with one Chest workout and one exercise on the torso rotation machine.



Then I went home with intentions of grabbing Jetta for a run in 55 degrees but when I got home, my son was wide awake and I knew I couldn't just slip out of there and leave hubby to be kept awake so I stayed home and waited until I dropped Dorian off at school to go for a run. 



Friday I didn't get up until 4:45 am to take Jetta to the trails, the temps were nice, but I wasn't feeling to great. We got it done though.


Saturday morning I woke up around 3 am and got up, I took my time eating and getting ready... I wasn't honestly prepared for the 47 degrees outside. I wore a tank top and shorts and felt good as far as that went but I really wish I had worn gloves, my fingers were freezing. I wasn't sure how far I was going to run, this week has been a bit tough with a lot of aches, especially in my knees. I was hoping for at least 16 miles and shooting for 18.
It was dark for the first 7 miles or so, and really cold for my fingers up until about mile 10 or 11 when the sun finally got up over the trees.
I managed to run 20 miles, and honestly towards the end I felt I could've gone another 1 or 2 miles but I wasn't going to push it. 
I finished week 4 of my training with 52.3 miles, I'm trying not to do any crazy increases. Week 1 had 41 miles, week 2 had 45.3 miles and week 3 had 48 miles so I don't think this was a huge jump although my body is seriously needing a bit of rest. I'll give it that rest come October 1st, I've got 11 days left of September and I plan on resting each Sunday.














No comments:

Post a Comment