Saturday, September 12, 2020

2021 LBL50 Training Week 3

 Monday I ran the inaugural Evansville Labor Day 10k, placing 1st Female Overall.... it was 76 degrees and no cloud in sight.... I was fried but it was worth it.






Tuesday I didn't go to the gym, just wasn't feeling like it. After taking my son to school I went to John James Audubon State Park, focusing on the hills and not pace or time. I think I nailed it, 767 ft of elevation gain in 4 miles so not bad.



Wednesday I did go to the gym to work out, I hit the Glutes and legs first then Back and then some Delts. 



Then I decided to run instead of rollerblade, my knees are making a few complaints and mostly when I was rollerblading last week so I decided to run. Ended up running 7.4 miles, it was 66 degrees and some humidity but not too awful.





Thursday morning I slept in until about 4 am and then took Jetta to the trails, fought bugs and spiders and webs.... and really tried to make sure to take it easy and slow.





I told myself I was done and probably wouldn't do anything Friday, but I stupidly joined a women's only challenge on garmin - 150 miles for September.... and apparently garmin notifies you when another member passes you in mileage, so my competitive personality refuses to give up the 1st place spot on there 🙈 
So of course I decided to go for another run that afternoon, but I did choose to hit the trails again.... and take Jetta with me. We ran 5 miles and walked some so she could cool down and not overheat.




Friday I didn't rest, instead.... After Dorian off at school, Jetta and I hit the trails at Angel Mounds for an easy 5 miles.
Saturday morning I woke up at 3 am and got everything ready before heading to Friedman Park. It was 70°, muggy and cloudy... Not terrible but I'm longing for temps in the 45-55 range, so so bad. All but the final 3 miles was in darkness. The sun is rising later and later. 15.3 miles done, giving me 48 miles for the week.







No comments:

Post a Comment