Sunday, February 3, 2019

Base Building Week 3

 Week three was a bit of a bust, thanks to freezing near sub temps with windchills below zero and of course my sinus congestion and constant headaches and gum pains. It started out well on Monday, got up and headed to the gym for back and shoulders.

Afterward, I went home because my little man still wasn't feeling great and I wanted to cuddle with him. Later that day I managed to leave the shop and get a run in.


That night it all went to hell from there, my head started feeling stuffed and each morning I was waking up feeling like my skull was going to both explode and implode at the same time. My gums were killing me too, this went on all week along with the freezing temps and Dorian have school closed Wednesday and Friday, so even as I felt better later in the day I couldn't go out and run because it was too cold to take Dorian.
By Thursday morning things were a tiny bit better, but still too awful for me to go work out or run. Friday was a bit better but I took it off as well, for whatever reason my gums are killing me first thing in the morning.
Saturday I almost stayed in bed but said F*@k it and get up, took some pain killers for my headache and some orajel on my gums to numb the pain. About 45 minutes later Jetta and I were out the door and I quickly realized I wasn't dressed warm enough. I expected it to be 35 degrees but it was like 27 instead, first 25 minutes was freezing, then I felt pretty okay for 45 minutes or so until the final 15 minutes I was freezing again. Three miles into the run I had pretty much decided we would do our long run. Ended up doing 11.3 miles that morning.


Later that afternoon I took Dorian and the dogs out to Lincoln State Park for a hike, tried to find the Honest Abe Trail Marathon course, not quite sure we found it but we hiked 3 muddy miles, it was warm and sunny. 


Today I slept in, still dealing with gum pain and headaches but took Dorian and Jetta out on the greenway for an easy but warm and sweaty run.

In total, I got in 24 miles for week 3 of base building. I also finished January out with 87.8 miles, hoping to get to 100 for February and for the next weeks to have more mileage and workouts







No comments:

Post a Comment