Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Signing up for 2013 Races

  Around October I had already signed up for the Go! St Louis Half Marathon on April 6, 2013 which is supposed to be hilly but I think I will be ready for it. This morning I've registered for the Bound the Mounds 10k trail race at Angel Mounds, and the Hearts on Fire 5k at USI (hopefully I can make up for my not finishing it this year) and the Run of Luck 7k race in March. In 7 days I can register for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in November, so far my races are:

  Hearts on Fire 5k - February 9th, 2013 - 9 AM
  Bound the Mounds 10k Trail - March 2, 2013 - 8 AM
  Run of Luck 7k - March 16, 2013 - 9 AM
  Go! St Louis Half Marathon - April 7, 2013 - 7 AM
  The Spartan Sprint - April 27, 2013 - 10:30 AM

   I am pretty sure I will register for the YMCA 10k in August (if they're doing the 5k or 10k option) and the YMCA 15k in September, and I will most likely register for the Evansville Half Marathon in October, about 3 weeks before the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon which should be a good taper time I think. In June, around the end of the month I will begin my Marathon training plan, hopefully by then 13.1 miles will be nothing for me or at least easier. It is crazy to think that I will be running my first Marathon next November, I don't plan on a PR but hopefully I won't have any issues finishing the race.
   I'd like to do 3 Half Marathon next year, with one Full Marathon and a lot of small races but right now it looks like I'll be doing the Go! St Louis Half in April and the Evansville Half Marathon in October, I'm not quite sure where I would put another Half as it would have been in November but my first Full is going to be in November. We'll just have to wait and see how things go from here, but I have a pretty good feeling 2013 will be a great year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment