Friday, August 5, 2011

Last Night's Run

   It seems there is finally a break in this heat, yesterday was around 88 degrees and our run just felt a hell of a lot easier than it has in the last few weeks. We ran 3.03 miles and though I am feeling tightness in my legs, and my knees are feeling sore - I did alright doing a 9:57 pace. Tomorrow is the YMCA 5k race and I am excited but a little nervous, I think my knees really took a beating last weekend and have not had a chance to fully recover. I am going to take it easy on this race, because last year I did pretty well for my first 5k race, but blew it on the 10k so I am going to focus more on that one which is on September 10th. I am sure I will run an overall 10 minute pace, but will be extremely happy if I make it under 30 minutes.
    I am contemplating resting after the race, maybe skipping Tuesday's run and seeing if they will help at all. After the race, we are increasing our weekly runs from 3 miles to 4 miles - I guess I will know for sure around Monday how my legs are feeling. Next week the temps are going to stay around the 80s which is just awesome because I was really getting tired of 90+ and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment