Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Team 13 Picking up the Mileage

     Last night we ran 4 miles, for the next 4 weeks our Tuesday and Thursday runs will be 4 miles while our Saturday long runs will increase a mile (this Saturday will be 6). Last night I was beginning to feel sore around 2 miles, under my right knee and around 3 miles my knees were feeling a bit sore and somewhere around the right side of my hip was hurting - but not enough to worry about or slow me down. The only thing that really sucked was a left side stitch, my running friend and I started out near the front of the group with the fast people which isn't how I like it yet as I like being near the middle and moving on up gradually. I finished at 40:35 but will pay attention to my legs and make sure to stretch, ice and use my foam roller. I am excited that we are gradually picking up the mileage and hope that my legs can handle this.

No comments:

Post a Comment