Saturday, August 6, 2011

YMCA 5k Warm Up Race

     I was extremely nervous before the race, scared my legs were still tight and sore - and I felt much more nauseas than usual. But when the race started, I went easy and kept the first mile around 10:30 and then as I noticed my legs were doing great, I picked it up a bit and around 2 miles my legs felt a little like jello at the knees but I kept pushing it. I finished at 29:58 (just like last year's 5k Warm up Race) - the only things I really noticed was around the half way, my left breast was feeling sore then the soreness moved to the center of my chest then near the end of the race (maybe a half mile left) it moved down to the center of my stomach but sort of to the right side trying to become a side stitch. Luckily it did not slow me down and I feel great - my husband got a great photo of me smiling and I will probably post that as my avatar once I get to my office today. Yay! It felt great, though I was worried but things went great and now I am going to focus on finishing the 10k in September with all smiles as well which means sticking to the training plan no matter what urges I might get to go running on the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment