Monday, January 21, 2019

Thinking about 2020 Already

    Yes I know, 2019 has barely begun and I'm already looking at 2020 goals but that's just my nature and I hope it will keep me focused even when days are rough and life becomes more a struggle than it is. 
Of course, my goals for 2019 are pretty conservative I think. My first race of the year will be next month and then quite a few races to keep me busy.
2019 Races
February 23 - Bound the Mound Half Marathon (Trail)
March 16 - Run of Luck 7k
April 27 - Autism Evansville 5k 
May 11 - Newburgh Rivertown 8k
July 26 - Friday Night Fever Trail 5k
August 30 - Friday Night Fever Trail 5k
September 7 - YMCA 15k
(Hopefully)
September 15 - Honest Abe Trail Marathon
October 5 - Evansville Half Marathon

So, the only marathon I am hoping to complete this year is the Honest Abe Trail Marathon. I called about it and was told registration usually opens around April or May and I could be put on an email list to be notified when it opens. So I did just that.
Other than those, I'll be keeping my eye out for the Harmonie Trail Marathon/Half. I did talk to Chris's wife and she told me that they're working on dates as it had become very difficult over the last 2 years and they didn't even have a race last year. It was in May but then due to extreme flooding back in 2017 they changed it to November and although it wasn't awful it was in the 70's and humid. Last year they didn't even hold a race, so I'm hoping that they have one sometime this year because as long as it doesn't get in the way of Honest Abe or the Evansville Half Marathon, I will most certainly do it. I love those trails, for a half you only need to do one loop and for a full you only need to do it twice. 

Anyways.... 2020 I have hopes of making it a big year comeback as far as marathons go, but I'm going to be ready to adapt and be flexible.
Goals:

  • Land Between the Lakes Marathon - March
    • I did this back in 2016, enjoyed it very much, it was my first trail marathon (2nd marathon) and it was challenging but I loved it. I want to go back and do it again, or maybe even possibly attempt the 60k distance, which is 3 loops. The marathon is 2 loops, and in 2016 I very seriously considered the 3rd loop but decided I hadn't trained enough. So hopefully March 2020 I will be enjoying this race again, and quite possibly the 60k.
  • St.Louis Go! Marathon - April 
    • This was my 3rd half marathon in 2013, it was quite warm for an April race but I enjoyed it. My hopes is to complete the marathon in April 2020. 
  • Backside Trail Marathon - April
    • So I know that realistically I can't do both Backside Trail and St. Louis Go! in April. One is in St. Louis MO and the other in Louisville KY, one is early April (St. Louis) and the other is late April but I don't think my husband would be willing to spend a weekend in St. Louis early April and then another weekend in Louisville late April. Not to mention recovery time from the LBLM if I am able to do it. 
  • Honest Abe Trail Marathon - September
    • Depending on how it goes this year, I might do this one again.




  • Harmonie Trail Marathon - May
    • I did the marathon back in May of 2016, it was my 3rd marathon and 2nd trail marathon. In 2017 I did the half since I just hadn't gotten the training in, and 2018 they didn't have a race at all. Talking to the RD I was told they are working on a date this year, Spring and early Summer in our area has lots of rain and flooding and 2017 was an awful year for flooding which is why they changed it to November that year. Then last year I guess they weren't able to get that same date, so I'm hoping they'll have it again sometime this year.

So these are my goals, the majority of them are trail races. I love running trails and enjoy having an excuse to run trails I've never been on or am rarely on. If I can do the Honest Abe Trail Marathon in September I will try to continue my training and even build on it through Fall in hopes of completing the Land Between the Lakes 60K. If I can complete the 60k I will be beyond happy and won't feel bad if I can't do any marathons in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment