Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Last Three Days

  So it's been a few days, the massage was a weird one called Reflexology or whatever, mainly focusing on the feet. She found that I currently have Sciatica, which I had an awful case of it during pregnancy but didn't think it was still an issue.
  Thursday I took Dorian and the dogs for a hike, it included a little bit of running as Dorian is getting more and more into it, I felt a little ache but not much. So I decided that if I woke up feeling good enough Friday morning, I would take the dogs for a run on the trails. Well I woke up feeling a tiny bit achy but nothing like earlier this week, so I took it as a sign and took the dogs for an easy 3.2 miles on the trails. There was a little bit of ache but nothing I felt I needed to worry about, and it even went away after a while and after getting home and out of the Tahoe I wasn't limping or hurting so that was a good sign. I headed to the gym after that.
 Standing Barbell Curls: 60lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 60lbsX6reps, 60lbsX6reps 
Triceps Overhead: 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX8reps, 27.5lbsX8reps 
Fly Delts: 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps 
Standing Triceps Cable Pull Downs: 5 sets / 12 reps / 70 lbs 
Concentration Dumbbell Curls: 22.5lbsX10reps, 25lbsX7reps, 22.5lbsX10reps, 25lbsX8reps, 27.5lbsX5reps, 27.5lbsX5reps

This morning I woke up with somewhat of a hangover.... I might have drank a little too much Friday night lol. But my legs were feeling pretty good still, not 100% ache free or stiff free but I wasn't getting out of bed and immediately limping or feeling like my right leg had been in a strange position all night. So I got dressed and took the dogs to the trails, it was an amazing 57 degrees out.... I can't even begin to describe how good it felt to be out there. We ran 4.3 miles out there, and it took a lot out of me.... or maybe I was still feeling the effects of the whiskey from last night, so I got home and just went back to bed lol. Figured I could take a couple days off from the gym.
  Later this morning I decided to take Dorian to John James Audubon State Park, having to leave the dogs at home. My little boy is becoming quite the trail runner, he handles those hills up and down so good. Especially compared to last year or the year before, I can't remember the last time I took him to JJASP but I know it scared me when I thought he twisted his ankle. 
  This was more like a run actually, this boy barely walked our 2.2 miles and the first mile was done in 16:42 (!!!!) which is a great PR for him, just a few weeks ago he did a mile in around 19 minutes which took 4-5 minutes off of last year's 23-24 minute miles. Of course that is his first mile, he does normally slow down quite a bit afterwards, usually around 22-23 min/mile. Our second mile was around 28 minutes as the hills got difficult and he needed to hold my hand a couple of times.... on very narrow trails. I am really going to enjoy watching him improve over the next few months and years, I cannot wait until he's out there running with me regularly.... I won't have to get up at the crack of dawn to run, I can wait until 6-7 AM and take him and the dogs running.
The elevation chart




No comments:

Post a Comment